Diligence Security Solutions Ltd recognises that it has responsibilities for those who work for us and those who could be affected by our work. We will assess the hazards and risks faced by our workforce and mitigate those risks as far as is acceptable and tolerable.
Our managers and supervisors are made aware of their responsibilities and are required to take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety health and welfare of our workforce and anyone affected by the operating of our business.
The business intends to meet its legal obligations by providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment so far as is reasonably practicable. This will be achieved by:
- Providing leadership and adequate control of identified health and safety risks.
- By consulting with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- Ensuring the safe handling and use of substances and equipment when issued and in use.
- Providing instruction and training when necessary, taking into account those without English as a first language.
- Ensuring competency of all workers through training as necessary.
- Preventing accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
- Actively managing and supervising H&S at work.
- Having access to competent H&S advice.
- Aiming for continuous improvement in our H&S performance and management with regular (at least annual) review of this policy and the provision of the resource to make this policy and our H&S arrangements effective.
We also recognise:
- Our duty to co-operate and work with our employers when we work at sites under their control to ensure the safety of all those at work and:
- Our duty to co-operate and work to ensure the health and safety of everyone at work or affected by our work.
To help achieve our objectives and ensure our employees recognise their duties under H&S legislation whilst at work, we will also remind them of their duty to take reasonable care for themselves and for others who might be affected by their activities. These duties are explained at induction and set out in the employee handbook, given to each employee which sets out their duties and includes our specific health and safety rules.
In support of this policy a responsibility chart and more detailed arrangements have been prepared.